Automated workstations WKS-Rx and WKS-Tx used as part of the equipment of fixed radio centers of HF range (radio agency) and airport traffic-control towers and provide automated setting-up procedures, performance monitoring and remote control of radio facilities during operation.
Purpose of the equipment
WKS-Rx is intended for:
- remote control and receiver state monitoring of HF PT-100Rx type receivers in total from one to eight items;
- remote control and monitoring the state of HF transmitters PP-500 (PP-1000) in total from one to eight items;
- remote control of HF transceivers type PT-100, PT-250,PT-500, PT-1000, Automated homing radio station "Parsek", radio station type "Aist".
- to arrange the operator’s interface in the form of contro lpanels through which the operator gains access to the control and monitoring of equipment state of any receiver and transmitter;
- to automate the remote control of receiver group (from one to eight items) and HF transmitter group (from one to eight items);
- to diagnose the state of any receiver and transmitter included in the control configuration;
- to set up operation of any receiver and transmitter on schedule;
- to register the operator and to keep the event log.
The transceivers exchange information with the radio receiving set and the radio transmitting set via interface RS-232, RS-485 at a speed of 9.6 kbps. Nominal rate of messaging is 9.6 kbps. If WKS-Rx is located remotely from radio facilities, the control is provided via modem communications line, through multiplexers or LAN elements (Ethernet).